Sammy Castaneda, 50 of Lubbock, was killed Sunday evening in Lubbock when he was rear-ended while stopped at a red light at 50th and Indiana. Castaneda was taken to University Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead. According to police, he was stopped on 50th Street facing eastbound at a read light at Indiana Avenue when a Ford F-150 hit him from behind at a high rate of speed. Castaneda’s motorcycle and the F-150 then entered the intersection and collided with two other vehicles, an SUV and another truck. The F-150 was driven by James Albert Pritchard, 49. He was taken to UMC immediately after the crash with minor injuries, and was then arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
- 25-Car Pileup on I-10 in New Mexico Leaves Six Dead
- It’s Still Legal to Take a Selfie While Driving—Texas Enacts Ban On Texting and Driving
- California Can Force Monsanto To Warn Customers About Cancer
- Converting Key Intersections Into Roundabouts Would Save Lives And Reduce Injuries
- Jennifer Shannon Injured in Tuesday Crash