The accounting manager is responsible for all the accounting functions for a personal injury law firm with 50 employees and locations in Lubbock, El Paso, Odessa, Austin and Albuquerque. Principal office is in Lubbock where the manager position will be located. The account department handles accounting for client settlements and distributions, payables for the law firm operations, and expenses made on behalf of clients. The accounting manager will have the assistance of two current accounting clerks, soon to be three clerks, who process settlement statements, payables and mail distribution. This role also provides management reports to the Partners and COO such as income statements, cash flow statements, balance sheets and analysis to help develop management strategy.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of accounts payable/ receivable, payroll processing, federal and state tax compliance, general ledger accuracy and financial statements.
- Supervising the accounting procedures of the company.
- Establish and implement accounting controls.
- Advise management regarding financial matters.
- Performs analysis and generates management reports to assess the efficiency of the firm’s operations.
- Advise management regarding income and expense management issues.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – Required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation – Preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Supervisory experience – Preferred
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills
- Good communication skills and high level of ethics, integrity and honesty