Position’s primary focus will be in the areas of user and desktop support (hardware and software), helpdesk, and data management. Performs a variety of moderately-complex information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals to achieve desired results. Utilizes computer equipment, software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of employee assistance, equipment maintenance and repair and computer operations assignments.
Reports directly to technology director but must be willing to help with other office task that may not be IT related from time to time.
Updates supervisor on status of projects or technical issues. Exercises good judgment in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and determines when to refer problems to the supervisor or next level of support.
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, scanners, printers, smartphone and tablets.
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals.
- Installs and updates software, hardware and peripherals.
- Works closely with employees to identify problems & resolve them either by training, performing basic troubleshooting or when appropriate passing the issue on to higher level support.
- Aids in creating IT related training materials for employees.
- Aids in maintaining an inventory of IT equipment.
- Designs and produces basic reports.
- Transfer, backup & archive computer files.
- May need to fill in as a videographer/photographer from time-to-time so photography or video experience would be a plus.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent with data processing training, computer operations training, or experience with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, and an understanding of database technology.
Skills and Experience
Two or more years of related experience with computers and providing customer service in an office environment. May require the knowledge of a variety of hardware as well as software, and operation systems. May be tested on appropriate computer skills as required.