Lidia Penner, 17, and Steve Wiebe, 17, were killed Wednesday near Sweetwater, Texas, when an 18-wheeler semi-truck crossed the media and collided with their vehicle. Penner and Wiebe were from Seminole, and four others were injured in the wreck, as well. Penner andWiebe were travelling eastbound in a Ford Expedition when an 18-wheeler travelling westbound crossed the center median, including the cable wire guard, and entered the eastbound lanes. Two other vehicles were also damaged in the crash by debris. The cause of the crash is still under investigation by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- 25-Car Pileup on I-10 in New Mexico Leaves Six Dead
- It’s Still Legal to Take a Selfie While Driving—Texas Enacts Ban On Texting and Driving
- California Can Force Monsanto To Warn Customers About Cancer
- Converting Key Intersections Into Roundabouts Would Save Lives And Reduce Injuries
- Jennifer Shannon Injured in Tuesday Crash